FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
While we unfortunately can’t read minds, we’ll give you the next best thing:
A list of the most commonly asked questions and answers.
If you do not find the answers to your questions, please Contact Us directly.
Your jewellery can be kept looking new if you follow a few simple guidelines: Avoid contact with bleach, soap, perfume, cosmetics, hairsprays, etc. Also, take your jewellery off at night and store it in a jewellery box with compartments that keep pieces from rubbing against each other. You can clean your gold jewellery in a bowl of warm, sudsy water with a bit of any mild liquid detergent. Brush the jewellery with a soft brush until you have created a lather around it. With the jewellery on a plastic or metal strainer, rinse off with warm water (be sure not to clean your jewellery over the drain!) Pat your jewellery dry with a soft, lint-free cloth. Remember that we offer a Free Restoration Service every year, that is part of our Lifetime Warranty.
PLEASE NOTE: If you request the FREE engraving service and need to resize your ring, you will be charge for the new engraving. The engraving price is fixed at R: 280 p/ring.
BUY WITH CONFIDENCEThe most recognizable and credible diamond grading laboratories in the world are the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) and EGL (European Gemological Laboratory). These grading laboratories are trusted by most well-known jewellers worldwide. Having a diamond certificate from the GIA or EGL, a buyer will be assured of the quality and value of the unique diamond. These diamond grading laboratories are fully independent, international organisations dedicated to upholding stringent diamond grading criteria to ensure diamonds are graded accurately and fairly according to world standards.
AS MEMBERS WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Conduct business and treat customers in a manner befitting the status of a Jewellery Council member at all times.
- Ensure that every purchaser is a satisfied customer, and to render prompt and efficient service;
- Offer service based on the highest ethical standards.
- Maintain the highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- Earn, establish and maintain a reputation for giving value at a fair price.
- Promote goodwill and communication between Jewellery Council members.
- Refrain from belittling the value and/or quality of merchandise supplied by competitors/colleagues.
- Maintain sound business relationships with suppliers in order to provide the best ultimate service to customers.
- Submit to arbitration in case of a dispute between member and customer, or member and supplier, or member and member.
- Avoid untruthful or misleading statements in publicity and/or advertising.